Adults with intellectual disabilities, of all race groups, religious affiliations or gender, are welcome to apply to join our community.
Suitable candidates who show an interest in joining our community are offered a two-week trial visit which, if successful, is followed by a further trial period of three months. During these trial periods the applicant can experience all aspects of our social, cultural and working life and discover whether this meets his or her needs and expectations. At the same time we can assess whether our situation and resources are appropriate to meet the needs of the applicant.
Our main criteria for admission are that the person:
• is willing to work according to his or her capability
• does not suffer from a psychiatric illness
• is not prone to aggressive or violent behaviour and does not create a major disturbance
• must be able to toilet independently, as residents who become incontinent or whose condition becomes physically unmanageable for us for any other reason would have to be admitted to another place of care
• If he or she is an accident victim, adequate trauma counseling should have been received before being admitted.
Please be aware that waiting time between the date of the initial application and the trial periods will vary according to the availability of open spaces at any given time.
Please contact the Farm Office for initial enquiries:
Tel. +27 (0)21 200 2230
Fax +27 (0)86 776 2764