Adults with intellectual disabilities, of all race groups, religious affiliations or gender, are welcome to apply to join our Community.
Suitable candidates (between the ages of 20 and 35) who show an interest in joining our community are offered a two-week trial visit which, if successful, is followed by a further trial period of three months. During these trial periods the applicant can experience all aspects of our social, cultural and working life and discover whether this meets his or her needs and expectations. At the same time, we can assess whether our situation and resources are appropriate to meet the needs of the applicant.
Our main criteria for resident admissions are:
1) The person/resident does not suffer from a psychiatric illness.
2) Is willing to work according to his or her capability.
3) Is not prone to aggressive or violent behaviour and does not create major disturbances.
4) If he or she is an accident victim, adequate trauma counseling should have been received before being admitted.
5) Must be able to toilet independently, as residents who become incontinent or whose condition becomes physically unmanageable for us for any other reason would have to be admitted to another place of care.
Please note that the waiting period between the date of the initial application and the trial periods will vary according to the availability of open spaces at any given time.
Please contact Marcia Makapela for initial enquiries:
Tel. +27 (0)21 200 2230
Camphill Farm Community was founded in 1978 and the land has been managed on organic and biodynamic principles since.
Tel. +27 (0)21 200 2230 (from 8am - 5pm, Mon - Fri)
Camphill Farm Community Hermanus
PO Box 301
Hermanus, 7200, Western Cape