All volunteers receive board and lodging and a modest monthly allowance to cover their private expenses. In return, they give the benefit of their work to the community.
The daily work comprises of work life, home life, cultural life. For our, volunteers this means a full time commitment to their fellow human beings.
Volunteers can apply to join the community for a minimum period of one year. The major functions of volunteers are:
- Assisting with household chores such as cooking, cleaning and laundry
- Supporting the residents in their daily lives including assisting them with their personal hygiene in some cases
- In the absence of the house leaders they take responsibility for the house and residents for short periods of time
- Working alongside residents and support staff in the various workshops
- Contributing actively to the home life but also to the community’s cultural and social life
Volunteers have to be at least 19 years of age.
Training for volunteers
Practical training in the houses, workshops, courses covering various topics related to our care work, community and the Camphill way of life are offered. Volunteers join a bi-monthly information- and discussion meeting.
How to become a volunteer
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please read our information sheet (pdf) carefully, complete the application form, collect all the required documents and send them to us.